This Privacy and Cookies Policy describes how the Archimede Solutions, which is the Data Controller of this website, collects and processes personal data. Archimede Solutions respects and is committed to protecting your personal information. Our privacy policies reflect current global principles and standards on handling personal information, including Swiss and European norms on personal data protection, – notice and choice of data use, data access and integrity, security, onward transfer and enforcement/oversight. Below are some of the highlights of our Online Privacy Statement.
Archimede Solutions avoids collecting unnecessary personal data and follows “data protection by design” and “data minimization” policies for data processing and retention.
Purpose and Use of Collected Information
The Archimede Solutions processes personal data for the sole purposes of its aims, activities and Services, including:
- Registration, authentication and access rights management;
- Membership applications and administrative management;
- Invoicing and billing of users of Archimede Solutions Services;
- Enabling users and Archimede Solutions to interact and communicate with each other;
- Informing Archimede Solutions users and visitors about Archimede Solutions related events and activities;
- Improving users experience and the quality of delivered services;
- Authenticating, securing and collecting statistics on remote connections.
How Data Can Be Collected
Archimede Solutions can receive information and personal data through its websites, email notifications, and other interactions means, and may include:
- Information provided by the users when using our services;
- Information provided by users’ devices for connectivity, such as your IP address (such data may be logged for security reasons);
- Cookies and similar technologies, whose use is voluntarily limited and minimized on our website.
- The SESS* cookie (local storage): Used to identify website user login session (where applicable)
- The cookie-agreed, cookie-agreed-categories cookies (local storage): These cookies are created to store your cookie preferences.
Policy Towards Children
In principle, Archimede Solutions Services are not directed to minors of age. Any participant to an Archimede Solutions service who is a minor of age shall have a parental agreement before sharing any personal data with us. Anyone who becomes aware that someone under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data without parental agreement should contact us.
Data Storage and Retention Period
Archimede Solutions servers are located in Europe. The data retention period is minimized and data that are not useful anymore are deleted. The data retention period is determined by taking into account the legal, security, management and other legitimate service requirements.
Sharing and Transfer of Information
Personal data are processed with care and our policy requires to avoid any unnecessary data transfers to third parties or to geographic locations that may expose the data at risk. Archimede Solutions may share personal data in the following cases:
- With Archimede Solutions processors and partners for its services and activities, such as online payment solutions, onsite registration processes, or data storage infrastructure. The list of data processors is available by simple request to the data protection officer.
- When required by law or for legitimate purpose, such as protecting the legal rights and safety of Arhimede Solutions, its partners, and the users of its services.
- For reporting and information. Archimede Solutions usually uses aggregated and anonymized data when reporting on the participants to its events. However, information on its members, employees, and participants attending Archimede Solutions activities may appear in public reports, press releases, pictures, and through other information means.
Archimede Solutions uses physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Archimede Solutions strives to protect the information it processes, this should not be taken as a warranty. If you identify any weakness in our security, please inform us.
Data Subject Rights
Users have rights on their personal data. They can contact our Data Protection Officer in order to assert your rights as a Data Subject, including the right to access, rectify, erase your personal data; the right to withdraw consent and to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data; and the right to portability of your personal data. Data Subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in case their rights would be violated.
Changes to this Policy
Data Protection Officer and Contact
If you have any questions about this policy or your privacy on the Services, you can contact our Data Protection Officer through our contact form.