Data protection certification provides important benefits by:
- Reducing legal, financial and reputational risks;
- Demonstrating conformity with the GDPR;
- Benefiting from an easier access to market and acompetitive advantage;
- Building trust and confidence with your clients and partners;
A GDPR certification provides another set of benefits:
- It enables beneficiaries to be recognized as trustable data processors by European customers;
- It facilitates the cross-border trasnfer of data and data processing services;
- It reduces the legal and financial risks.
Europrivacy certification scheme covers the GDPR and complementary national obligations with key advantages:
- High level of reliability with an innovative methodology enabling more systematic and comprehensive compliance assessment.
- It covers simultaneously European (GDPR) and complementary national data protection regulations.
- It can be applied to diverse data processing related to products, services, companies and information management systems.
- It covers emerging technologies such as data analytics, Blockchain, and Internet of Things.
- It is ISO compliant and can be easily combined with ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27701 certifications.
It is supported by seasoned experts with years of expertise in personal data protection encompassing European, Swiss, and international law.
The Europrivacy certification scheme has been developed through a H2020 European Research project co-funded by the European Commission and the Swiss Confederation. It is managed by the European Center for Certification and Privacy (ECCP) in Luxembourg and maintained by an international board of experts in data protection.