A data protection certification provides important benefits by:
- Reducing legal, financial and reputational risks;
- Increasing trust and confidence;
- Developing a competitive advantage
A FADP certification scheme provides additional advantages:
- It enables certified entities to be listed on the website of the Swiss Data Protection Commissioner;
- It exempts the beneficiary to declare its personal data files to the Swiss Data Protection Commissioner.
A GDPR certification provides another set of benefits:
- It enables beneficiaries to be recognized as trustable data processors by European customers;
- It reduces the legal and financial risks.
EuroPrivacy certification scheme covers both the FADP and GDPR requirements with key advantages:
- High level of reliability with an innovative methodology enabling more systematic and comprehensive compliance assessment (up to 650 points of controls).
- It covers simultaneously national and European data protection obligations.
- It can be applied to products, services, companies and information management systems.
- It covers emerging technologies such as data analytics and Internet of Things.
- It is ISO compliant and can be easily combined with ISO/IEC 27001 certifications.
- It is supported by seasoned experts with many years of expertise in personal data protection encompassing European, Swiss, US and international law.
The EuroPrivacy certification scheme has been developed through a H2020 European Research project co-funded by the European Commission and the Swiss Confederation. It is managed by the European Center for Certification and Privacy and maintained by an international board of experts in data protection.